Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Shut Up, Dummy


Stop it. Enough is enough.I don't know how many more times I can hear this before I stab myself in the ears with a spoon.

Over the last two years, how many times have you heard some variation of the following: "Bob Sanders is out this week for the Colts. It'll be a tough game for them if he's not in the lineup. It's tough to overcome the loss of such an impact player and emotional leader like that of Sanders".

Shuuuuuuuuuut uuuuuuuup

I'm tired of hearing this seemingly EVERY week from some dopey ESPN personality, sideline reporter, or terrible pre-game show.

I get it. He's a really good player when he's on the field. But the reality is that he's NEVER on the field.  So, stop bringing it up.

From the Colts Super Bowl winning season of 2006/2007 till now, do you know how many games he has played in? 27 out of 56. That's only 48%.

By the way, the Colts' record over that time? 45-11. Yeah, they’re doing just fine without him, thanks.

Find another story line. Please. Make something up if you have to. I don’t really care. Just stop bringing this up.

I'm sorry. I just couldn’t help myself after hearing this yet again this morning. I just couldn’t resist the urge to rant about that.  I can’t be the only one who's noticed this and been increasingly annoyed by it.

Now back to your regularly scheduled blog.

2 comments:

  1. Is Bob Sanders out this week? If he is, it'll be a tough game for the Colts if he's not in the lineup. It's tough to overcome the loss of such an impact player and emotional leader like that of Sanders.

    Haha. I hear ya man. These "experts" need to find some new topics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob Sanders is the next "Bob Sanders"...

    Oh and Barry Sanders is also out this week!

    ReplyDelete