Sunday, April 4, 2010

I Hate You, Eagles. Hate.

Ok, so maybe I don't hate the Eagles. I could never really hate the Eagles, I'm too diehard a fan to do that. But I do hate you Andy Reid. And you Howie Roseman. And you Joe Banner. And you Jeffery Lurie.

Trading Donovan McNabb to the Redskins...seriously? Are you fucking kidding me? You're going to trade a franchise quarterback to a team in your own division? For a second round pick?

FUCK YOU.

Wait, perhaps I didn't say that loud enough.

FUCK YOU.

In my 16 years of watching sports, I've never seen something as stupid as this. Rich Kotite wasn't this dumb. Isiah Thomas wasn't this dumb. Even Matt Millen wouldn't have done this (unless he was trading him for a wide receiver, he might have done it then). I mean, I was ok with trading McNabb. I agreed it was time to move on. But trading him the Redskins is just plain dumb.

Listen, it's not that I truly think the Redskins are going to go and win a Super Bowl now. They won't. But the point is you don't take that chance. You don't. It's not worth it, not for the 37th pick. Despite what the many completely stupid and unknowledgeable Eagles fans in Philadelphia will tell you, Donovan McNabb is a good quarterback. Jason Campbell isn't. Now the Redskins have a good quarterback. That isn't a good thing.

I could sit here for 589 hours and talk to you about why this is a terrible idea. If you're a smart football fan, you'll agree. If you hate Donovan McNabb and just wanted him gone, you probably won't agree. I won't get into all the reasons, I'm too angry right now. But know this, the Redskins are better now. You can't argue that. No matter what you do, you never make a division rival better. That's not smart. I have a hard time believing the Eagles couldn't get a comparable deal from someone else. If they could have and chose the Redskins deal because the pick was marginally better...well...fuck you Andy/Howie/Joe/Jeffery.

I'm probably too angry to honestly step back and analyze the good and bad of this deal. Once I calm down, I'll write a much more constructive post. But right now, I'm pissed and you should be too. The Eagles just did something that could/will come back to bite them. Something, I think we can safely say, they didn't have to do.

Bye Donovan. We all deserved a better ending than this.

Fuck you Andy Reid. And Howie Roseman. And Joe Banner. And Jeffery Lurie.

Fuck you.

UPDATE: I've taken a few minutes and calmed down. McNabb is old. The 37th pick is a good, valuable pick. The Eagles could get a very good player there. The Redskins offensive line stinks. Their wide receivers stink. They still aren't a Super Bowl contender and probably won't be for another year or two at which time McNabb would be 36+ years old. But I still don't think you needed to do this, this way. And I'm still mad about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment