Friday, January 15, 2010

Philly's MLS Team: Join or Die!



Maybe it's because it's a World Cup year. Maybe it's the three cups of free work coffee coursing through my veins. Maybe it's because I just bought FIFA two days ago. I don't know what it is, but dammit, I am PUMPED for the Philadelphia Union's premier season.

I, like white people, love the idea of soccer. I don't know all of the stars...or rules...or particularly enjoy watching an entire match, but I LOVE the idea of my city getting a pro "football" club. Especially one with the greatest soccer scarf in the world. It's so Ben Franklin -- so American. Just look at our badass logo and colors (after the jump). It's like we took the St. Louis Rams and fucked them with the girthy dick of America!




Who cares if the new stadium is in West Bumblefuck Chester, as long as they have booze, cheap tickets, and I can wear that Join or Die scarf I'll be there cheering with the dozen or so other Philly Union fans. The only thing worse than a Philly fan? A Philly fan inspired by Hooliganism.

Yesterday, Union head coach Peter Nowak made some moves and scored us 3 picks in the top 7 of yesterdays MLS Superdraft -- the biggest of all being Oregon State's Danny Mwanga. Mwanga is only 18 and although he will probably be playing in Europe by the time he's 20, should give the expansion Philly team a nice offensive boost. Hell, Sam Dalembert even took time to join the party! God knows what he's doing celebrating the draft of an expansion team for a city he's not from in a 5th-rate soccer league while tens of thousands of his friends, family, and countrymen are fighting for their lives under earthquake rubble, but hey, I like the enthusiasm.

Jungite aut Perite, motherfuckers!

1 comment:

  1. Nothing is more badass and American than a scarf that threatens death. Nothing.

    ReplyDelete