Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ring Ding Dong

Mike Bell is an Eagle.

To preface, I had never paid attention to Mike Bell before last year. I'd heard of the name from fantasy and stuff but...you know...whatever. Early in the season, due to ludicrously-overpriced DirecTV my wonderful Sunday Ticket cable package, I got to see most New Orleans Saints games. Five words from what I saw: Mike Bell is the shit.

Yeah, yeah I'm not stupid or naive...we're not picking up Madden 2001 Eddie George here. The Saints wouldn't give up a great RB even if Reggie Bush is accounting for literally* (*not literally) a bazillion dollars against their cap in the coming years. You know, assuming that a salary cap comes back after next year. But I digress. The point: I am very excited about this.

Sure, you can go ahead and shrug at this as just another mediocre, ho-hum, some other third adjective Eagles off-season move. I'd understand. They've done this before --- Lorenzo Booker. But...BUT -- you have a choice. You can be a typical pessimistic fan OR you can check out this clip of his 2009 highlights (in one game against the Lions) and get excited like I just did.  He's good.  I seent it.






Your mom.

1 comment:

  1. too bad we dont have the saints o-line. Can he catch balls in the dirt thrown 5 yards behind him? cause that would make me excited, cause thats what play we're gonna see him do the most.

    ReplyDelete