Thursday, April 1, 2010

Uh oh! SI Curse Strikes Phillies?

Sports Illustrated never gets their predictions right. Ever. I mean, this is the magazine that had the Bears in the Super Bowl this year AND picked the Mets to win the World Series last year. So, needless to say, they haven't even been the ballpark (bad pun alert!) recently.

Well, Phillies fans, you better hope their prognastication skills have improved because SI has tabbed your Philadelphia Phillies the 2010 World Series winner. And if that wasn't a jinx enough, they've throw our new ace Roy Halladay on the cover.

I take a little solace in knowing that the Phillies are an obvious pick, they have an All-Star lineup and added the game's best pitcher in the offseason. So, since I'm confident they can win the World Series, I keep telling myself that I shouldn't be worried when a silly magazine (seriously, who read magazines anymore anyway) picks them as their preseason champion. Here's to hoping they're right.

And if they aren't, well, fuck you Sports Illustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment